The Dayton Society of Artists (DSA) is pleased to partner with Tom Vogel and the University of Dayton Bookstore to present artists with the opportunity to win one of six landscape commissions. Landscape artists will submit previously completed work for review by the DSA Board/Staff, and UD Committee. Buildings, statues, aerial shots, signs and greenery are all potential subjects. Artists 18 years or older residing in the US are eligible.
Submissions Due: March 20, 2020
Notifications: April 1, 2020
Final Sketch Due: Due at Artist’s pace
Completed Artwork Due: July 1, 2020 at the DSA: 48 High Street, Dayton, OH 45403
The DSA is a non-profit member-based organization. It was founded in 1938 and acquired a Victorian house in the 1960s which was then converted into a gallery. The DSA’s mission is to “connect, support, and educate artists and the community.” The DSA hosts various workshops and events throughout the year to fulfill its mission as well as hosts a variety of exhibitions and artist opportunities. For more information, visit daytondsa.org.
The University of Dayton is a top-tier Catholic research university with offerings from the undergraduate to the doctoral levels. It is a diverse community committed, in the Marianist tradition, to educating the whole person and to linking learning and scholarship with leadership and service. For more information, visit udayton.edu
· Each selected artist will be paid $1,000 once their final piece is delivered. An invoice made out to UD is required. Artists have choice of medium and style and the subject will be assigned to them. Work does not need to be framed.
· UD Chapel Exterior
· Statue of Mary
· Aerial Shot of UD Arena
· UD sign and Arch at Stewart and Brown Intersection
· Student Neighborhood Housing
· Marycrest Hillside
· Artists must be 18 years of age or older and reside in the US.
· Finished art will be 16” x 20” to 20” x 25” with 4:5 ratio, landscape or portrait.
· Artists must submit between 5-10 images of their past work. Landscapes are encouraged.
· Artists are responsible for working plein air or photographing their subject for reference.
· Artists must submit final sketch of their subject and composition with a final medium choice for approval by UD/DSA committee.
· If final artwork varies greatly from submitted artwork, it may be rejected.
· Finalists will relinquish all right to commissioned artwork. UD Bookstore and the DSA retain rights to reproduce artwork and sell prints.
· UD Bookstore/DSA/Tom Vogel retain the right to auction or gift final artwork.
ARTWORK DROP OFF
· Artists must cover the cost to transport the artwork to the gallery. Artwork may be delivered by hand or shipped. Please coordinate with gallery director Amanda Grieve: 937-228-4532 email@example.com
Dayton Society of Artists
Attn: Amanda Grieve
48 High Street
Dayton, OH 45403
AGREEMENT TO PARTICIPATE
Submitting the entry form indicates that you agree with the conditions of entry and exhibit as outlined in these guidelines, and that you agree to complete the commission and will ship/deliver it to the gallery should it be selected.