The mission of the Dayton Society of Artists is to connect, support, and educate artists and the community.
A collaborative alliance of artists since 1938, the Dayton Society of Artists is celebrating its 80th Anniversary.
The exhibition calendar includes seven exhibitions a year that are free and open to the public with opening receptions on the first Friday of the month. We are located in the historic neighborhood of Saint Anne’s Hill at 48 High Street in Dayton, OH. More information can be found at www.daytondsa.org or contact us at P. 937-228-4532 E. email@example.com
Come As You Art Pop-Up Gallery
The Dayton Society of Artists is pleased to announce their inaugural fundraiser, which will take place on October 11, 2019 from 7pm to 10pm at the Brightside in Dayton. Highlighted at the fundraiser will be a pop-up gallery featuring DSA members’ artistic talents. All mediums and styles will be accepted for consideration and you must be a member in good standing to apply. Registration is online-only through our website. The show will be juried by the DSA board.
There will be NO ENTRY FEE to participate in the pop-up gallery; however, this show is serving as a fundraiser for continued programming and operating costs for the DSA. With that in mind, artists should price their work with the understanding that the DSA will receive a 40% commission on all artworks sold. Artwork must be for sale.
Acceptance of artwork does not come with personal entry to the fundraiser. Tickets will be available through the DSA’s website later in the year.
Registration Due September 15 at daytondsa.org/callsIf you have questions about applying online, contact the Gallery Director at 937-228-4532 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Due by September 15 at 11:59pm
Online only: daytondsa.org/calls
Tuesday, September 24
ARTWORK DROP OFF AT DSA GALLERY
Tuesday, October 8, 11am-4pm
Wednesday, October 9, 5pm-8pm
Friday, October 11 7PM-10PM at the Brightside
UNSOLD ARTWORK PICKUP AT DSA GALLERY
Saturday, October 12, 5pm-7pm
Wednesday, October 16, 11am-6:30pm
- Must be a DSA member in good standing to become a member sign up at: daytondsa.org/becomeamember
- Artists may enter up to three pieces in any medium.
- Complete application form
- Artwork must be for sale
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ARTWORK
- Work previous shown in a DSA show is not eligible.
- All artwork must be professionally presented. Framing is NOT required but encouraged. 2D work must be wired on the back to be used with the DSA hanging system. Sawtooth hangers are NOT acceptable.
- Work cannot exceed 48” wide x 48” tall or 48” x 48” x 48” in any direction, including any framing.
LIABILITY & SALES
- The DSA has Fine Art Coverage Insurance. If work has insurance price over $500 then any insurance claims must be accompanied by documentation of past sales and or professional 3rd party appraisals.
- DSA will retain a 40% commission of the price given by the artist.
- Amanda Grieve, Gallery Director: 937-228-4532 | email@example.com | 48 High Street, Dayton