The mission of the Dayton Society of Artists is to connect, support, and educate artists and the community.
A collaborate alliance of artists since 1938, the Dayton Society of Artists is celebrating its 80th Anniversary.
The exhibition calendar includes seven exhibitions a year that are free and open to the public with opening receptions on the first Friday of the month. We are located in the historic neighborhood of Saint Anne’s Hill at 48 High Street in Dayton, OH. More information can be found at www.daytondsa.org or contact us at P. 937-228-4532 E. email@example.com
Dayton Society of Artists is pleased to announce an Open Call for November/ December exhibition slot. Artists and curators are invited to submit their work for consideration. Floor Map & Images of Gallery: http://daytondsps.org/high-street-gallery/
Eligibility & Terms
· Art in all media is accepted.
· All artwork submitted must be ready to hang or install. Works on paper may be framed and wired OR works on paper can be hung with bull clips. The DSA has plaster and lath walls and uses a hook and rod hanging system. Works that are 12-16 pounds or less may be hung with 3M Velcro Strips. These strips are placed directly onto the works or the frame. Tape can be placed on directly to the artworks so the 3M Velcro Strips adheres to this. *The DSA is open to creative installation solutions.
· The DSA has 2 flat screen TVs availalbe. Artists working in new media, film, or video - may be required to use your own equipment for exhibitions.
· Artists are responsible for shipping and delivery of work both ways.
Deadline: Sunday, September 30, 2018
How to Apply:
· Format proposal/submission as a PDF. PDFs should not exceed 10MB. (PDFS are preferred although word docx are also acceptable.)
· Submit a brief written outline of the proposed exhibition OR Artist Statement OR Bio (e.g. no more than 250 words). There is no need to include a proposed budget for the project.
· List any supporting material needed for installation of artwork.
· Include contact information, address, phone number, and email.
· Format the PDF to include up to 5-10 images within the body of the PDF.
· Include links to websites, video hosting services (YouTube/Vimeo) and another necessary supporting material
· Label PDF with full name. Example: JaneSmith_DSA.PDF, JaneSmith_DSAProposal.PDF
E. firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com P. 937-228-4532
The mission of the Dayton Society of Artists is to connect, support, and educate artists and the community. Founded in 1938 The Dayton Society of Artists aims to engage and support the Dayton community by providing artists of all levels with access to art education, exhibition opportunities, and professional development, and to enrich the people of Miami Valley through high-quality exhibitions and programming. A non-profit organization, it seeks to benefit the community at large by sharing resources to create an interest in the visual arts and to expand knowledge in this area.
Application Technical TIPS!
How to Create a PDF:
- First create the document as a Microsoft Office Word.
- After application is finished SAVE Document.
- Then from the Main Menu click on File and choose Save As.
- Type a name for the PDF in the File Name box.
- Next click on File Format and choose the PDF as the File Format.
How to reduce the size of a PDF:
- Click on the picture in your document.
- Select Picture Format Tab
- Select the Compress Pictures Icon Button
- Select one of the options HD, Print, On-screen, or Email
- Click All pictures in the file or selected pictures and then OK button