The mission of the Dayton Society of Artists is to connect, support and educate artists and the community since 1938. The exhibition calendar includes seven exhibitions a year that are free and open to the public with opening receptions on the first Friday of the month. The second floor is an active artist workspace with four individual artist studios. Our mission is to provide art engagement opportunities to the public and support working artists. We provide exhibition opportunities, Professional Development Workshops for Creatives Workshops, Artist Workshops, Art Movie Nights and Public Lectures. The Dayton Society of Artists supports a creative life for all. We are located in the historic neighborhood of Saint Anne’s Hill at 48 High Street in Dayton, OH. There is free parking in the lot across the street. More information can be found at www.daytondsa.org or contact us at P. 937-228-4532 E. firstname.lastname@example.org
Dayton Society of Artists is pleased to announce the first Midwest Regional 2018 Open Call. Artists are invited to submit their work for consideration in our July- August 2018 exhibition. Three artists will be selected, each artist will be assigned one of the DSA three gallery rooms for their own solo exhibition. Floor Map & Images of Gallery: http://daytondsps.org/high-street-gallery/
The Dayton Society of Artists was founded in 1938 to benefit local artists by providing workshops and programs, a meeting place for discussion, and opportunities to exhibit. A non-profit organization, it seeks to benefit the community at large by sharing resources to create an interest in the visual arts and to expand knowledge in this area.
Eligibility & Terms
· Artists working in all medium are welcome to apply.
· All artwork submitted must be ready to hang or install. Works on paper must be framed and wired. The DSA has plaster and lath walls and uses a hook and rod hanging system for framed works. Works that are 4 pounds or less may be hung with 3M Velcro Strips.
· The Midwest Regional Call includes artists living in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
· Artists working in new media, film, or video - you may be required to use your own equipment for exhibitions.
· Artists may submit up to 5 works.
Submission Fee: $20
Deadline: Sunday, May 13, 2018
Notifications: Monday, May 28, 2018
How to Apply:
· Format proposal/submission as a PDF. PDFs should not exceed 10MB.
· Submit a brief written outline of the proposed exhibition or project (e.g. no more than 250 words), along with supporting material. There is no need to include a proposed budget for the project.
· Label PDF with full name. Example: JaneSmith_DSA.PDF, JaneSmith_DSAProposal.PDF
· Include contact information, address, phone number, and email.
· Format the PDF to include up to 5 images within the body of the PDF.
· Include links to websites, video hosting services (YouTube/Vimeo) and another necessary supporting material
· Include Artist Statement, and CV
E. email@example.com P. 937-228-4532
Application Technical TIPS!
How to Create a PDF:
- First create the document as a Microsoft Office Word.
- After application is finished SAVE Document.
- Then from the Main Menu click on File and choose Save As.
- Type a name for the PDF in the File Name box.
- Next click on File Format and choose the PDF as the File Format.
How to reduce the size of a PDF:
- Click on the picture in your document.
- Select Picture Format Tab
- Select the Compress Pictures Icon Button
- Select one of the options HD, Print, On-screen, or Email
- Click All pictures in the file or selected pictures and then OK button